11.23.2011

On Giving Thanks

This Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for. I have an amazing husband, family, friends, and co-workers!

A couple weeks ago, my staff surprised me a baby shower at work! When one of them let it slip that morning that there was a surprise shower taking place for me that afternoon, I played cool and just assumed it would be the ladies in my department, maybe a couple people from the front desk.

But at one o'clock when I entered Meeting Suite 4, the lights turned on and it seemed half the hotel was there shouting surprise! My coworkers had a huge turn out in response to the departmental invitations that my lovely PBX ladies had sent out. Stupid me didn't bring my camera, but one of the ladies bought a disposable for the shower and I haven't had time to go to the store and do the old school one hour film developing. I tried last week at Target, but their photo center was closed unless you were using the automated kiosk. I guess there really isn't much of a need for a real person anymore. Anyway, back to the shower. My ladies went all out on the food and decorations and everyone was extremely generous in their gifts. I am very thankful! I will post pics as soon as I can get them printed and then scanned.

This past weekend the Jaquez side of the family threw Baby Rhina a similarly fabulous shower! So many cute rhino details!


Berto, Baby Rhina, and I are so grateful and blessed to have all of these people's love and support.

8.5 weeks to go! Don't get too comfortable in there little Rhina! I mean, I know it's all about you and stuff, but it would really work out better for my work schedule if you could move things along and get here around 37-38 weeks. So if you could go ahead and plan on that, that would really put my Thanks-o-Meter over the top...Thanks!

No comments: