10.08.2012

Roll Call

I'm so behind - I'll just list the highlights of the last couple of months!

8/10 Huey Lewis & The News at Ravinia. Great time Nacho, Marisa, Cain, & Carmen!

8/12 White Sox Game/Morton Fundraiser. We ate at "The Patio" and enjoyed overpriced ballpark beers. I don't think we ever made it to our seats. 2 "adult" outings in one weekend? Things are getting kind of crazy in this household!

8/25 Celebrated Johanna's cousin, Martin III's, baptism.

9/2 3rd Annual Jaquez Labor Day Theme Party - Toddlers & Tiaras! More pics to come.

9/3 We visit Brookfield Zoo with the Fueger Family and catch the dolphin show for the first time.

9/8 Our first overnight trip away from Johanna. Berto's sister, Carol, offers to watch her so we can go to our friend Scott's wedding in Indiana. We saw many long lost Millikin friends and had a great time!

9/21 My parents visit from California and we go to Jonamac Orchard in Malta, IL. As it's close to the Rochelle area, it turned into a walk down memory lane complete with a trip to Yen Ching in DeKalb.

9/22 My parents and I go to Berto's freshman game and get VIP seats inside the nice warm coaches box instead of on the bleachers thanks to Johanna! That night my parents offer to babysit and we have a nice night out to Buffalo Wild Wings with Nacho & Marisa.

9/23 We have a nice brunch for my cousin Anna's birthday downtown at Hub51 and then visit her current workplace, Obama for America's National Campaign Headquarters. We get a full tour and Johanna is of course a big hit. This pic from our visit helped Anna win a visit with Michelle Obama!

9/29 Family get together at Michael Anthony's to celebrate Martin II's college graduation!

9/30 Brunch at Louisa's to celebrate a "milestone" with her company!

10/7 I run the Chicago Marathon. No training. Still breastfeeding. Every bit as miserable as it sounds. A couple years ago, a 6 hour marathon finish would have been such an embarrassment to me! Seriously, I would've agonized over it. Today, I'm just happy that I finished. Yesterday afternoon and this morning have been a struggle to get around. Luckily Berto was very helpful with Johanna all day yesterday and is off work today for Columbus Day to be with her as I can barely pick her up let alone chase after her. It feels like I will hopefully only lose one toenail.

Johanna seems like she will be walking soon enough even though she's not even 9 months until next week! I swear she started pulling herself up to standing and started cruising on furniture like 2 days after she started crawling. She has a little lawnmower type walker and she practically runs with it. She really just needs work on her balance. Once she has that - LOOK OUT!
She is also eating and sleeping up a storm! For the last month or so, she's pretty much slept 10 hours, every night, no interruptions. She will eat anything she can get her hands on, but she really enjoys adult food more than the baby foods. She'll eat puffs or the Gerber snacks, but she would much rather have bites of whatever mommy and daddy are eating. She likes, rice, beans, all soups but especially tomato, bananas, and all pastas and breads. Even with no teeth yet, she is mashing it up and swallowing it all down. I wish I could upload videos on here, because I have some great ones of her reactions to eating limes and oranges. And of her laughing. She is now extremely ticklish and LOVES when we tickle her. I can watch the videos of her giggling and squealing ALL DAY!!

In her Bears game day gear!


Helping with the laundry


Playing with Daddy's sunglasses


Happy girl!


No comments: